Help and Information



For all my Latin Brothers and Sisters ( eljefe2) because of the on-going economic crisis I have decided to put this link here so you can check out some of the Latest information regarding the crisis.

The New Realm of Hunterseeker



____________________

1. Rhode Island Latino.com
2. Libertad Digital TV Spain
3. Mi Barrio.org
4. Tony’s Home Page
5. Puertoricans .com

___________________

Art Print


For all of my Puerto Rican readers and art fans you will be interested to know that you can view a number of my art prints at Galeria W. Labiosa in Old San Juan, 200 Tetuan Street, San Juan, Puerto Rico 00901-1517
Tel. ( 787 ) 721-2848.

This is one of my more popular prints ( below ) available there. The title is ” Buen dia don Roberto ” and is hand signed by me and measures 16” x 20”.

Buen dia don Roberto

Buen dia don Roberto

Slideshow of My Artwork and Christmas Cards

Friday, November 23, 2007

Soldiers Asked to Return Bonus for Being WIA?

Beware I say, Beware! There are things going on with returning wounded vets that are not being said and all those thinking of signing up to get that bonus I say this, BEWARE. According to the information I got tonight, and I don’t have it all, a veteran who was blinded while serving in Iraq and was honorably discharge was sent a bill ( not sure if it was the Pentagon or Army ) to the tune of close to $3,000.00!
Why you may ask. Very simple, a breach of contract ( or so they say ). This soldier, through no fault of his own gets wounded, he ends up blind ( not certain if it was one eye or both ) , is shipped back the honorably discharged after which he is sent a bill to pay back the bonus money. I am deliberately not mentioning any names because I am writing this as a human being and in no way as any sort of reporter.

I guess anyone with a 9th grade education can see the problem. I wonder if the recruiters mentioned any of this prior to the guy signing away his life! Since mine is a blog that deals with Latin issues I begin to wonder how many Latin’s have gone through this experience and repaid the bonus rather than rightfully take it to court to fight it. It’s funny but during the report I saw on CNN not once did I hear mention of court. I heard about the issue going before the soldiers congressman but no mention of court. Another funny thing about this report is that they stated that this first surfaced back in June or July! I get the impression it has been going on a lot longer than that.

A number of bloggers are not using as civil a tongue as I am regarding this issue. There is actually Fire and Brimstone coming out of some of those sites and rightfully so. Then they have the nerve to bitch about how their recruitment quota’s are not being met!

I bring up this whole issue here because I know there are many young Latin men out there thinking about signing up ( since there are so few options for many Latin’s ) so they can hopefully get those so called bonuses to try and make a stab at things and maybe, just maybe get ahead. I would strongly suggest you re-think the whole idea! I had always been of the observation that these recruiters would lie to their own mothers to get them to sign on the dotted line and meet their quota

I would suggest you click on over to these links I have listed below and get some more in depth info. Just click on the links.

http://donoevil.propeller.com/story/2007/08/15/iraq-soldier-accuses-us-army-of-deception
http://infowars.net/articles/april2007/020407_b_Pentagon.htm
http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2006/04/injured_soldier.html
http://www.vetsforjustice.com/newsstart1.htm
http://www.alternet.org/asoldierspeaks/23882/

There are many more but these should get the message across.

No comments: