Help and Information



For all my Latin Brothers and Sisters ( eljefe2) because of the on-going economic crisis I have decided to put this link here so you can check out some of the Latest information regarding the crisis.

The New Realm of Hunterseeker



____________________

1. Rhode Island Latino.com
2. Libertad Digital TV Spain
3. Mi Barrio.org
4. Tony’s Home Page
5. Puertoricans .com

___________________

Art Print


For all of my Puerto Rican readers and art fans you will be interested to know that you can view a number of my art prints at Galeria W. Labiosa in Old San Juan, 200 Tetuan Street, San Juan, Puerto Rico 00901-1517
Tel. ( 787 ) 721-2848.

This is one of my more popular prints ( below ) available there. The title is ” Buen dia don Roberto ” and is hand signed by me and measures 16” x 20”.

Buen dia don Roberto

Buen dia don Roberto

Slideshow of My Artwork and Christmas Cards

Monday, December 03, 2007

The Borinqueneers

While attending to matters on my other blog, The Last Caribbean Bohemian Artist I noticed that someone had been spending a lot of time going through the images. I was curious so I did a little back-tracking which took me to the Yahoo search engine page who's search term was: PUERTORICANS SOLDIERS TODAYS.

Obviously someone was doing some research regarding Puerto Ricans involved in the military and since I do put material about Puerto Rican soldiers on that site and the site was listed on the search page I didn't think nothing strange about. Then my eyes landed on something that caught my attention. One section below my site entry there was an entry for The Borinqueneers. I clicked on it and landed on the website of The Borinqueners.

I had never heard of them so I did a bit of reading and suddenly realized that they were talking about the famed 65th Infantry of Puerto Rico. This unit I had heard of though to say the truth knew very little about them about from the fact they they were involved in the Korean War, also known as the Korean Conflict and the Forgotten War. This site advertised the documentary about The Borinqueneers which would seem was aired this past August on PBS. On a hunch I typed in the information on my YouTube account and sure enough there was a trailer about the video.

Many Puerto Ricans, including myself, do not really know very much about the 65th Infantry apart from the fact that it was an Army unit and is the name given to a main highway here on the island. Even less known is the fact that 162 of their members were court martialed .

In December 1954, 162 Puerto Ricans of the 65th Infantry were arrested, 95 were court martialed, and 91 were found guilty and sentenced to prison terms ranging from 1 to 18 years of hard labor. It was the largest mass court martial of the Korean War. The Secretary of the Army Robert Stevens moved quickly to remit the sentences and granted clemency and pardons to all those involved.

Though I don't have a copy of The Borinqueneers, the trailer below shows that it is an important documentary that all Puerto Ricans should watch.

In researching the information at YouTube I cane across a number of links that you may want to check for yourselves especially those from the Boston area:

Boston Latino TV

National Association of Latino Independent Producers

Las Comadres.org

I hope everyone enjoys the trailer and finds it informative and that you can enjoy the full length video whivh can be obtain at the Boriqueneers website listed above ( just click on it ).

The Borinqueneers Trailer



No comments: